Shape the next generation of the beauty industry with L'Oréal USA!
Applications are open for the L’Oréal USA NEXT Generation Awards.
L’Oréal USA’s Women in Digital NEXT Generation Awards is seeking female leaders who have the vision and discipline to transform the beauty industry.
Apply or nominate a NEXT Generation superstar by June 12, 2019.
DEADLINE TO APPLY OR NOMINATE: JUNE 12, 2019
Advancing the Beauty Industry
with Technology Created by Women
As the world’s largest beauty company, L’Oréal USA is committed to providing resources to support and elevate the profile of female-led companies with technology at the core. We want to work with founders and executives who are creating new technology and interfaces, media platforms, beauty services, retail experiences and digitally native brands to address the needs of the modern beauty consumer.
Three L’Oréal Women in Digital NEXT Generation winners will be selected by a panel of esteemed judges to be awarded $25K grants each, networking and mentorship opportunities, and the opportunity to pitch L’Oréal executives and partners in NYC!
All applicants will receive ongoing support via the L’Oréal Women in Digital Community on Alice, including collaborations, expert mentorship, and resource sharing
Funding + Connections + Spotlight
Meet the Judges
Lightspeed Venture Partners
CEO, Full Picture
Group President, Acquisitions
Founder and CEO
The L’Oréal Women in Digital NEXT Generation Awards is seeking female leaders who have the vision and discipline to transform the beauty industry. We want to work with founders and executives who are creating new technology and interfaces, media platforms, beauty services, retail experiences and digitally native brands to address the needs of the modern beauty consumer. Early-stage (beyond paper napkin ideas) companies are welcome to apply. Unfortunately, there are some female-run businesses that just don’t meet L’Oréal Women in Digital’s criteria. This includes real estate projects, agencies, television or radio programs, films, theater or art productions, as well as companies represented by brokers of any kind.
Deadline to Apply or Nominate: June 12, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET
L’Oréal Women in Digital recognizes best-in-class female-operated companies that can achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- Are you inventing new services and experiences to discover and experience beauty for a new generation?
- How can you help us take the beauty business to the next level through conversational commerce, product recommendations, loyalty and customer care?
- Are you building a new exciting beauty brand with digital at the core?
- Do you have an innovative idea that could help disrupt retail and the beauty counter?
- Do you have an invention that can prescribe beauty and create brand new services with new technology?
- What can artificial intelligence do for L’Oréal? Any ideas on how to communicate about beauty products and services through technology?
- How can we together create a meaningful and personal experience for a beauty customers?
- Is there anything we haven’t thought of but we could be partners together to drive the future of beauty?
How L’Oréal Defines “Female-led Company”:
- The company has a female-identifying founder and/or CEO.
- The company is led by a self-identified woman with a C-level title who contributes to the strategic direction of the company. In other words, does she have power and influence in the company? Is her amount of equity "fair," given her role and the stage of the company when she joined?
What L’Oréal Does NOT Fund:
Unfortunately, there are some female-run businesses that just don’t meet L’Oréal Women in Digital’s criteria. This includes real estate projects, agencies, television or radio programs, films, theater or art productions, as well as companies represented by brokers of any kind.
Co-Founder and CEO, Hello Ava
COO and Co-Founder, ShearShare
Naomi Hirabayashi and Marah Lidey,
CEO and Founder, Viddyad
Founder and CEO, Cast Beauty
Founder and CEO, Maven Clinic
Founder and CEO, MikMak
Dr. Cynthia Breazeal
Founder and CEO, Jibo
Founder and CEO, Shareablee
Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder, GLAMSQUAD
Sukhinder Singh Cassidy
Founder and CEO, Joyus.Com (Acquired)
Founder and CEO, Shoppable
Founder and CEO, Poptip (Acquired)
Founder and CEO, Poshly.com
Founder and CEO, Pixability
Founder, The Muse
Founder and CEO, Snaps
Submit your application, or nominate someone today!
2019 © All rights reserved.
Alice is a free platform for business owners to find the right path to start and grow their companies.
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation.